Although you might not be thinking about your lawn or landscaping very much during the Cleveland winter, now is actually a great time to start researching and choosing a landscaping contractor to work on your yard next season.
Let’s be frank, not all landscaping companies are created equally, so it really is up to the consumer to do their homework to find a contractor that will be the right fit for them. The team at Precision Corporation has put together a list of points to consider when you’re looking for qualified landscapers to work on your property.
- As with any contractor, the best way to find a landscaping company is by word of mouth. Talk to your neighbors, friends, and family who have recently had their yards re-done and ask them for referrals.
- If you don’t know anyone personally who can refer you, you can also read through online reviews to see what other customers have to say. Some professionals will also provide you with addresses so you can drive by and take a look at some of their previous jobsites to see their completed work.
- Tree removal and other outdoor tasks can be dangerous work. A professional contractor will ensure that their crews are well-trained and operate under OSHA standards. Ask for proof of insurance to be sure that they have both liability insurance and a workers’ compensation policy.
- Get written estimates from more than one company. Remember, the lowest bid is not always the best choice. In some cases, companies who are desperate for work will underbid their competitors but then will cut corners and hire unskilled labor or use inferior materials to make up for their low price.
- Finally, consider which services are offered. If you want need to have a range of work done, it would likely be easiest to work with one contractor who offers all the services you need rather than hiring several sub-trades and trying to coordinate all of the work yourself.
At Precision Corporation, we’re proud to offer high-quality, full-service landscaping services to all of our customers in Cleveland and the surrounding area. For more information on any of our services or for a free consultation with a top-notch landscaping contractor, contact us today at (440) 843-9500.