Landscaping FAQs & Tips
Precision Corporation is the original full-service outdoor contractor serving the Cleveland area. With us, you know you will get professional landscaping service, on time and on budget. Contact us today at (440) 843-9500 for a free consultation and see for yourself the gorgeous landscapes we can create.
Q. What is your warranty on plants, trees and shrubs?
A. Trees, Shrubs, and some plant material excluding perennials will be guaranteed for (1) year if properly watered and fertilized. Replacement of plant material that fails to survive under the above guarantee will be replaced one time with the same size and quality plant. The guarantee does not cover plants/shrubs which did not survive due to extreme winter conditions or freezing. We reserve the right to replace the plant at the end of the guarantee period or when the weather conditions are favorable for the plant.
Q. What is the best time of year to have a new lawn put in?
A. Fall is usually the best time to plant a lawn, since ground temperatures are ideal for seed germination.
Q. When you install a lawn, do you use sod or seed?
A. Seed! We offer advanced hydro seeding applications, as well as traditional seed-planting techniques.
Q. Do you use straw or spray the seed?
A. We only use straw. It is the best way to germinate the seed, protect it from the sun, and help to prevent the seed from being washed away.
Q. Are you able to design a landscape that will withstand deer and rabbits?
A. We are familiar with a wide variety of trees, shrubs, and plants that are tolerant to these pesky visitors, and our landscape designers can certainly come up with a planting plan that reflects this. Be sure to mention any local wildlife during your initial consultation.
Q. There are areas of my yard where the lawn just won’t grow well. Is there something you can do to help?
A. There could be a number of reasons for this, including soil conditions, moisture levels, or light levels in your yard. One of our landscape consultants could assess your property to see if we recommend the installation of a sprinkler system, removal of a large tree, soil amendments, or lawn repairs.
Lawn Maintenance Tips
Once our landscaping team has completed the job, we recommend the following maintenance for the best results:
- Water twice daily. The best times to water are early morning and early evening, when it is cooler and less windy. We always tell our customers that a newly seeded lawn should not be saturated; rather, just keep it moist until the grass begins to grow.
- Wait for blades of grass to be long enough that they start to bend before mowing the first time.
- After the first mow, cut regularly but never more than 1/3 of the top growth.
- In sloped areas, be watchful of runoff.
- The straw that we use will eventually decompose and should not be raked up.
- At the six- to eight-week mark, the lawn should be fertilized. We suggest a fertilizer with N (nitrogen), P (phosphorus), and K (potassium) analysis rations of 3-1-2 or 4-1-2. Examples on the fertilizer bag that fit these rations are 12-4-8, 21-7-14, 16-4-8, and 20-5-10.
For all of your outdoor services — from pouring driveways and trimming trees to building fences and installing sprinklers — call Precision Corporation today at (440) 843-9500 and ask for a free consultation. We serve the Cleveland suburbs of Strongsville, Parma, North Royalton, Broadview Heights, Brecksville, and beyond.