Are you planning to install a new patio this spring? With a patio, you’ll be able to spend more time in your backyard have a place for your family to gather. However, it’s important to find the right type of patio to fit your family’s needs. The two most common choices are concrete and patio pavers, and at Precision Corporation, we are experts in both! That’s why today, we’re lending our expertise to you so you can make an informed decision and start enjoying your backyard.
Concrete is often the go-to material for paths, patios, and driveways. It offers the right balance of durability and cost-effectiveness, making it a really great choice. As you think about what you want out of your patio, consider these three factors:
- Patterns and Designs – When you picture a concrete patio, do you immediately think of a plain, gray slab? At Precision Corporation, we believe that concrete doesn’t have to be boring. Stamped concrete comes in a wide variety of textures and colors to match the desired look and feel of your project.
- Installation – For stamped concrete, getting the right mix of cement and water is critical to a finished product that cures properly and doesn’t prematurely bubble or crack. Then, once the concrete has cured, you’ll need to have it sealed to protect it from weathering from foreign substances like pool chemicals or road salt, as well as to prevent fading.
- Durability – Stamped concrete will need some maintenance to keep it looking nice. It needs to be sealed annually and, even so, the color will fade over time.
Patio pavers are great option for homeowners and have grown in popularity due to their versatile and limitless design potential. Consider three factors when making your choice:
- Patters and Designs – Like stamped concrete, concrete pavers come in a wide variety of textures and colors. From granite to marble, and even worn lumber, you are sure to find the look you want.
- Installation – Installing patio pavers is fairly straightforward as they are precast and ready to go. However, we do still recommend hiring a professional as it can be tricky to work with the sand, leveling string, piping, and wood for any framing.
- Durability – Because pavers are pre-cast, they are actually more durable than stamped concrete and don’t require maintenance – only the occasional sweep.
Whether you choose a concrete patio or patio pavers, you can’t go wrong when Precision Corporation installs it! We are based in the Cleveland suburb of North Royalton and proudly serve the surrounding area. Contact us today at (440) 843-9500 to talk to our designers about your patio project. We look forward to hearing from you!